Don’t wait until you’re in pain to see your Hyde Park dentist! Most people make time to clean out the house, car, garage, or closets at least twice a year. Why not include your oral health on your “to do” list?
Schedule an Appointment Now!
Regular professional cleaning and examinations are essential to maintaining optimal oral health. These routine visits are your first line of defense against tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancers, and more. Early identification and treatment of any oral illness improves outcomes and allows for less-invasive treatment options. Don’t wait until it hurts!
Why Do We Avoid Going?
The HDI institute, in a study done with the American Dental Association, lists some of the main reasons we sometimes delay going to the dentist. Cost, low perceived need, time, and anxiety are the most common causes. However, if we allow these concerns to interfere with oral care, we may allow more serious issues to develop.
When Should We See the Dentist?
The ADA or American Dental Society recommends maintaining twice yearly visits for cleaning and examinations. In addition, they advise making an appointment for any of the following concerns:
- Pain in your mouth, teeth, or face
- Injury to your mouth, teeth, or face
- Conditions that can affect oral health, such as diabetes
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Bleeding, swelling, or redness in your gums
- Recent dental treatment, such as fillings, crowns, implants, or root canal
- Pain or difficulty eating or drinking
- Chronic dry mouth
- Smoking or tobacco use
- Sores in your mouth that are not healing
- You have questions or concerns about your oral health or hygiene